Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Rantings of a Physical Education Teacher

It has been already 3 weeks since I started my new career as a Physical Educator and it has been a real eye opener to the world of school from behind the scenes. I know for sure that my lifestyle has taken a step in a positive direction and I've been regaining my health and vitality being in this position as compared to my previous occupation. My exercise regimen has been critical to my comeback in sports since the day I ended my competitive paddling days in University. Who knew I would start to pursue triathlons as part of my fitness goals. I've been able to do most of the things I so long had a passion for, creating for myself goals to exceed my physical limitations. Work wise, its been so different and the realities of working in the civil service shows its facade in a different light. Teaching Physical Education in schools has never been tougher in these times where few recognise physical education as an inclusive part of a child's development and parents see the need to focus on the child's head instead of their bodies. Met wonderful colleagues who share with me the ups and downs of teaching, be it in PE or their other subjects; the bits and pieces of being a teacher in a pressure cooker environment that is prevalent in Singapore's education system. Well this post shall be a new beginning to a new era of my adventures as a Physical Educator and my pursuit of excellence in fitness and health. The pursuit to my dreams of inspiring the next generation.

1 comment:

way2 college said...

NICE BLOG!! Education is the process of bringing desirable change into the behavior of human beings. It can also be defined as the “Process of imparting or acquiring knowledge or habits through instruction or study”. Thanks for sharing a nice information. KEEP BLOGGING...
mba in hr distance learning