Sunday, January 28, 2007

A new beginning.. Leading the wing

I think the week ended very well considering the fact that I did not sustain any major injuries after field camp. And guess what, I just took on the role as Cadet Wing Commander on Thursday to serve another 4 weeks being an appointment holder. Haha.. When is it going to stop at all.. Hmm, It really can be a once in a lifetime experience for me and I think I am doing it rather well already other than the small hiccups along the way. It is true how much more important human relations is when it comes to leading. Especially in an environment where you see more leaders than followers. I have been observing the way the previous Cadet Wing Commander has been carrying out his role. True I did criticise him, but then I realise now that being in his position, I must do more than what he did to earn the trust from the wing and build its camaraderie. Every step of the way, I really conciously observe my own actions as to how I lead these people. To always know your role in the wing, to always know what you have to do to keep the wing running. I think it will be a fun ride, since the appointment will test my limits on where I am on the leadership scale. One thing I promise to myself is that I will never let them down, I will not overpromise and under deliver to the wing. I know that I am the best CWC that will ever lead Hotel Wing. Tough times don't last, Tough men do!

No comments: