Sunday, June 10, 2007

Call me Encik Sahfahri..

The only new thing that happened this week was that I became someone of a bigger appointment in the school. It was kinda a big thing when some of the juniors started calling me "Sir". The new rank seems daunting to wear because of it seemed like expectations increased twofold for me. As the saying goes, "With great power comes great responsibility."
The new rank on the left has an extra "crab" and the 3 roofs on top of the cadet rank and it looks rather shiny as compared to my old one. Though I must honestly say it was quite cool wearing this epaulette to the old one on the right. Encik Sahfahri sounds rather odd though.


My efforts in Brunei, marked by a symbol on my chest, the JCC badge. I will remember for life the way I earned this badge.. forever.


The thought of commissioning as an officer really does bring a lot of anticipation as well as anxiety. Expectations mount as the weeks go by to make sure I mentally prepare my transition as an officer. In about 3 months time, these bars would become 1 black bar and everything would change. At least for now, I can still say I am a cadet.

Guess I'll leave this posting with a hilarious poster my platoon mate came up with. Enjoy!

No comments: