Friday, February 09, 2007

Cadet Wing Commander.. Is it really worth it?

Being a cadet wing commander can really make me pull the hair off my head at times. It can be really frustrating. Getting humiliated in front of the wing to the point that it really gets too much. I had to say something to wing, I knew it had to be today.

At the training shed, everything seemed to look fine. As composed as I could, I revealed all the frustrations, facts and figures that the wing had to hear about their performance from the past few weeks.It was really difficult for me to say so many things, especially when I had to speak to a bunch of people who have become more than friends to me. Getting my points across was not too difficult, but holding my emotions inside was not easy. Somehow tears welled up in my eyes for I knew that I was reprimanding people; something I really hated to do. I came to a realisation that it was all too much of a cliche, too much of the same thing that I went through before and I do not want to lose any of these people as my friends anymore. That to me can be the most depressing thing that can happen to me; losing friends.

Getting to earn respect from a bunch of people can be really difficult but it is ever impossible. It is something any human being can do to create change as a leader. I have never let go of the opportunity to lead, so be it difficult or not. Because it is the tough times people go through that human beings learn and grow. Giving myself this chance really set my plans straight on my path of personal growth and I will never give up this plan of mine. Being the cadet wing commander can only be described as a chance in a lifetime I will never ever forget.

No comments: