Monday, February 19, 2007

My Masterpiece..

just something I wrote up for my Wing Commander in OCS to look at. Entitled my masterpiece, we were told what we would like to have painted in the picture of our future.. Enjoy..


After what the wing commander has mentioned, it did make an impression on me on what I would like to achieve in my life as of the moment. Though I must say I am glad that I already have a wonderful masterpiece being painted as of the moment right now.


My masterpiece would include the achievements I have achieved since the past 20 years of my life, that were significant to me. For example, I would draw a medal to symbolise the significant achievements I have received as a student athlete. I would also have a monument of an ancient library to symbolise the knowledge I would be able to gain in my lifetime. I aim to receive knowledge for as long as I live, be it in the physical domain or the spiritual. Knowledge to me is a significant factor to my life as I choose to apply the knowledge I read from books each and every day.


Materialistic possessions aside, I would love to have a baby drawn in my masterpiece for I believe that being a father can be the greatest joy a human being can ever have in his entire lifetime. On another perspective, being a father can prove to be an alternative way for myself to work on my leadership considering that the father plays an important role in influencing the child's mind.


I would also love to have to see in my masterpiece a portrait of my family and myself in a graduation robe; my parents etching on the widest smile they can ever have on their faces. I owe my life to my parents and they play a big role in my life. I have considered them my role models and mentors whom I look up to for inspiration. Earning a degree and getting the point of obtaining a University education means so much not only to them but to my Malay-Muslim society as well. I can only believe that my success can inspire others to do the same.


I would also see in my masterpiece a portrait of a person who has achieved and triumphed over his many obstacles in life to become a respectable father, friend and leader to his society. That portrait of a person is me and I am willing to put in the effort and persevere to put a more matured self into that masterpiece.


Slowly but surely, I believe this masterpiece will be drawn. The one hardest to draw being the portrait of myself in the future. Time will pass and the seasons will change. I believe the masterpiece has already and it is being painted stroke by stroke.



No comments: