Saturday, March 10, 2007

Commissioning.. The rehearsal in my mind..

Today I saw the commissioning parade of the senior cadets from Bravo wing and it was a fantastic sight to behold as a junior cadet. It was so much so a rehearsal to me because I know I want to be in that parade very badly. I could already see myself in that parade, feeling the anxiousness and excited feelings of being minutes away from being commissioned as officers. There was a small gut feeling in me telling me how proud my parents would be putting on those 2nd LTA epaulettes on my shoulders. With each step of their march, I could feel my other self being in their place. How I wish that could have been me. Actually, I know it would be my turn sooner than I think. Letting go of my fears of the past will make me move forward as a person and a leader to the men that I will lead in future. Somehow or rather one of the persons standing in the parade will be me. I just know it. I will just keep it as a rehearsal in my mind. Pressing on..

No comments: