Friday, March 23, 2007

Social nite!!

I had a great time during my Wing's social night the day before. I couldn't imagine so many people were dressed to the nines' on that day. It really was a blast of an event to say the least though it may not have been the most fun. I had a great time with my date. I guess she would think so too if I didn't bore her with too much details of my army buddies. I think it was really wrong of me to leave her out of conversations at times. Ok! next time cannot like that.. Must be more gentlemanly.. It was really nice to see her dress up for once too. Got a picture for memory sake from the event. At least I know that I looked like the person in the picture 10 years on. I never thought I could pull off the solo like that. Honestly I always thought I would screw the song up. Guess what, my date thinks its "not too bad" which means.. "its not Singapore Idol so I forgive you".. haha.. I think I fared satisfactory at best. It was a good experience singing up there on stage. Never a forte of mine, but at least I knew I conquered a new fear. Loved the event, loved the crowd and most of all I must say I loved my date.. Bleah!

Eventually, I had mixed feelings about moving on to pro-term, hearing so much about the tough times that I am about to face. I was happy fro finishing service term with good memories and being in one piece. Though, I just felt emotionless at the thought of my platoon splitting becuase it made no difference to me. I seemed more focused on what is ahead of me 6 months later. I think this is what happens when someone really focuses their energy towards a goal. It seems like no obstacle or change can elude myself of my goal. I'll just carry on from here I guess to a new, exciting challenge. Pro-term here I come!

Hmm.. The big 21st is coming but it seems like nothing new. I hope my first year as an adult would be filled with challenges and excitement. That would be all that I wish for..

No comments: