Friday, April 20, 2007

One Field camp I will never forget..

Spent the last 5 days in Pulau Tekong training. I never thought it could be as memorable as this one. Never have I spent 1 whole night carving a wooden spoon out of a piece of wood, starve myself of breakfast and lunch to eat a dinner of tapioca. The last 2 days can never be as long as any other day I lived, going almost 24 hours without sleep; constantly walking around the island searching for checkpoints. With a load of almost 30 kilos on the back, it was inevitable that I had thoughts of falling out of that mental and physical torture. At least I now can say it was a good achievement finishing off the 5 days in one piece knowing that I learnt alot more about my character and how I have improved over the months. I think I have been enjoying my training recently because of the new friends I have made and I'm glad I did. Its great being here. It's crazy but ya..

No comments: