Friday, August 18, 2006

To make a new friend, regardless of race, language or religion

It has been an interesting day. I made a new friend on the way to meeting someone. He was African. Ghanaian in fact, but this man I met was a fantastic man. He seemed helpless at the MRT station, trying to buy a ticket to get to the airport. I somehow found the need to help this man, though many eyes would indefinitely stare in disbelief for even associating myself to this man. Dark and creepy on the outside, it seemed he was very soft yet religious in his being. Got to know that he was a tourist taking a break from work for a month, leaving his family behind to view what the world has to offer. The more questions I asked, the more he felt at ease with me. An extremely friendly personality in a well built body of strength and character. It was a real issue for me, when he mentioned of the criticism and discrimination he has faced from fellow Singaporeans. Why when he pointed out, with a slash of the wrist of any human being on Earth, all and everyone of us would bleed a blood that is crimson red. A true human being full of just and fun-loving nature, he re-created thoughts and beliefs people have seemed to form on me for the past 20 years. It has been an exciting journey. Getting to know this man was an unbelievable experience. I wish him all the best of luck. His name is James. He has changed my life..

No comments: