Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The "Extended" Family and the "Annoying" one!

Morning till 5.30pm
Sometimes I wish I did more for my $70. I'm still waiting for my committee to be confirmed before we all get started to get the Class rep camp happening for Engineering school. In the mean time, the occasional youtube.com will keep me awake for most of the day.

6.30pm
I've been longing to see the dragonboat guys, only to see that the family has grown by twofold over the past week. It seems like the dragonboat team has begun its inauguration of the newly chosen freshies to our dragonboat family. Met up with Joshua, Kang Wei, Yonggie and Baba to witness the inauguration ceremony with the dreaded "fitness" test. (I don't really understand why its called a fitness test when as dragonboaters, we're ald fitter than 2/3 the student population. Hak Loon knows that we're fit. The thing is whether we are fit enough! Damn Hak Loon.. OoopS!) Kang wei and yonggie started to go on depicting characters from Bleach. Baba had to spoil it all saying he prefers "Dettol". WTF! Baba just shut up will you! HAHA! i'll start calling him the "Annoying" one from now on. I'll bet he'll like the name :)

8.05pm
Time for the guys to run their 2.4km. Baba kept on making fun of the guys for having to run the 2.4k cause his time is ald over. 2.4k is ald over so he says. At least I beat his ass to 2.4k. Damn I'll reach 30 pull ups soon.. Just you wait Baba!

Some of them ran like they got chased down by a rhino I tell you. Some pretended to drop dead when they finished (standard operating procedure!), others panted as if they didn't breathe for a century. These bastards were fast I tell you! slowest was 11:20 minutes. I remember Baba got the slowest during our time. Oh the memories! Haha.. Kang wei ran a milestone, 9:10 minutes(Kowtow to the almighty one!).

10:30pm
Had a good talk to Sherman and Xianglin on the way to the bus stop and back home. Both have their dreams and passions to pursue in life though both may be going in different directions. Mentioned how tough it was going to be in the coming few years to them, for them to get ready for a traumatising experience to come up ahead. The world is going to turn on Singapore soon, but few realise the need for us to be prepared, emotionally, socially and psychologically.

Today, I felt alive again. I was grateful for the things and friends, though ridiculous and obnoxious like Dion aka Baba, I have making me human as can be. The law of nature reveals its sweetness and happiness towards you when you see life in a positive perspective. This is how I choose to live my life and how I would preach others to do.

Quote of the day
Appreciate the finer things in life. Never regret a single moment. Cherish it!

No comments: