Friday, May 09, 2008

Catching up...

I was glad that after the horrible morning, I had a chance to meet my friends firstly for ice cream and then for a delightful supper. The morning of 8 May shall be forgotten cause it was the rest of the day that I will remember.

I had lunch with Joshua in the afternoon and I was glad I caught up with him one on one especially since he had the time to. (MC for 2 weeks after an operation is no joke) Glad I had a listen to his plans after his ORD to further his studies. It's great knowing he has plans in mind. Wasn't glad to hear how some of my other dragonboat buddies are doing. At least Josh is focused this time. He's not taking the chance to study for his degree lightly this time. I think he grew alot ever since I knew him from Secondary school. I really admire his discipline in the way he leads his life. I'm glad he's not turning out like some of the rest we know. They lost their way. Josh found something new to turn his attention to.

Ice cream with Xiuhui in the evening was the most interesting part of the day. Glad I made a new friend called Ester at my fav ice cream bar in SG; Tom's Palette. She was an interesting friend who had a strange taste for designing rather peculiar "5-year-old" drawings. No prizes for what her new nickname was. Chillaxed for most of the evening at the Esplanade while catching up with her. I can't believe she remembers all the FO cheers up till now. Ok, I must admit I did feel the same way after I graduated. Yet I swear I don't cheer in public.

Midnight. An old friend and neighbour asked me out to chill at ICE3 aka ICE Cube. Ice cream again and a jolly old teh tarik after that. Delightful for a supper, yet what was most satisfying about the supper was the long talk we had about the reality of life. Zhiming really has his sights going for his business. I'm glad he has his life sorted out. He has nothing to lose. I know he will make it one day.

My life from today onwards will no longer be made of excuses. I just can't except them anymore. I will do what I plan to do no matter what. There is no turning back. 5 years and I will be the person that I want to be. I will be the person. My dreams are still in the back of my head. I believe I will succeed. God willing.

No comments: