Thursday, May 08, 2008

Is studying in NUS such a big deal?

I just came back from a scholarship interview for NUS. It was ugly. The interviewer raised points I could not even have believed hearing from such an educated person. I am angry. Angry for the fact that for me being honest, it seemed like it was a foolish way to earn the scholarship. Is it always the case where someone who knows how to speak getting the scholarship? Is it always about the elite in Singapore getting their way to earn the right to be somebody in future? What is so elite about being in NUS? What is so good about getting a place in NUS? So what if I rejected the initial offer to NUS? Is studying in NUS really all that worth it? It's disgusting to see them smirk at the thought of me rejecting the initial offer to NUS. Isn't life about making the right decisions that will empower you in future? I really lost faith in NUS after that initial contact with them. Circumstances are forcing me to change directions. Somehow I lost faith in the education system. I don't understand why they think that way. I don't understand why they are not facing reality. I'm going to face reality. I have to get out of this stupid race I'm in. It's too ridiculous to be in it. God please help me..

No comments: