Friday, May 30, 2008

The Battle has just begun..

Studying again. It seems an indomitable task considering it has been 3 years since I last touched a text book depicting any form of quotation from any professor of sorts. I'm starting to feel the new playing field I'm competing on especially since receiving news of my entrance into NUS. Not that I'm not looking forward to it. It's just that it won't be the same playing field I was on in poly. It feels as if I just entered a battlefield.

One where weapons are in play instead of the ordinary ball being playfully passed around. I can imagine the bullets flying around and shrapnel throwing itself about all over me in University. I can imagine the professors brandishing weapons of mass destruction at the freshmen at every oppotunity they can get; using their superior terminology of business terms in their pursuit to brainwash the meek freshmen. Seniors in school wielding looks resembling arrows awaiting to be released at the freshmen who steps on their toes. "Ooh.. The freshie!", they'll go. I can imagine the number of bombs that will land on me at the eleventh hour in the moments of madness before the exams. Yet, I'm not afraid. I'm thrilled.

The thrill of it all. The thrill of going through the battlefield I call NUS. Going through NS, I don't really think anything can be tougher than going through the jungles in my LBV and long 4. I'll win the war; battle by battle. Trust a soldier to go through school with a mindset of a soldier. Guess I am a soldier at heart with the discipline and will of an officer. Nothing is impossible. Or should I say IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!

No comments: