Monday, July 24, 2006

Hanging with the teachers.. SERIOUSLY!!

Woke up in the morning expecting the unexpected. Today was the day I was supposed to take out some teachers to some of my favourite hangouts and I was going to be paid for it! What a job! At least when I got there, it wasn't like what I expected..

You know when you were younger, you'd always have the perception that teachers were boring people. Well I was so wrong. I must say teachers may be the most interesting people I have ever met.

Got to hang out at some of the places I always go to, Tampines and Mind cafe. They were always ready to hear out what I had to say about my life, my goals and my dreams. Patient people I might add, but they are a passionate bunch nonetheless. People who are very passionate in their dreams to mould the generation of the future. One I met shared her difficulties getting students who come from difficult backgrounds to excel. Others shared their mishaps in school. Most loved their job.

Met Iffa, the MALAY TEACHER! Cool! She shared with me some stories about some of the primary school students whe teaches. Kids these days are really more than what you bargain for! She's a great talker! Leslie too! Never looked his age.. He says he's 37.. I thought he was 27.
Come on people stop making me guess your age's.

Having teacher friends are cool! But other than that, they give you the insight to the minds of the children and youth of Singapore. They are really our future of our nation. I just hope, they can bring so much more to contribute the world of tomorrow.. The tomorrow looks bleak.. But let's live today to the fullest possible.. Peace out!

No comments: